Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

2.27.2016

Vision for the future...

Hello my friends!  This is a brief update on my life since I haven't blogged much in the past year.  

As many of you know, the past year or so has been one of recovery and rest after burn out in ministry.  It has been a long, hard road with a lot of frustration, but I've experienced so much breakthrough just since the beginning of this year!  At the end of 2015 I sensed Jesus saying that 2016 was the year of restoration and vindication for me, and not only in the sense of recovering what was lost but also in gaining ground and moving forward.  And in the past couple months I've already experienced that-- more energy physically, a clearer, more focused mind, renewed vision for future ministry.... I'm so grateful! 

And I got engaged!  
God certainly came up with a creative story in bringing my fiancé Tim and me together, and He worked so much in my heart to bring me to a place of vulnerability and openness in our relationship.  Tim and I both love worship (he's the musically talented one and I just pretend), and we are passionate about seeing people free and healed from sexual addictions and brokenness.  We know our life together won't be ordinary, and we expect to be traveling at some point.  Anti-trafficking ministry is still really strong on my heart, and we would love to use worship and intercession to fight against the strongholds that enable sex trafficking and prostitution to flourish in societies.  The country of Brazil has been on my heart for several years now and we would love for that to be one of the places we spiritually invest in at some point in the future.  Tim and I also recognize the importance of cultivating a strong, healthy relationship with each other at the beginning of marriage, so we most likely won't be involved in ministry right away.  We are planning a summer wedding and are looking forward to starting life together!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through the years.  You have blessed me tremendously!  I probably won't be blogging too often, but I will definitely pick it up again when ministry opportunities open up again.  I'm eagerly anticipating the rest of 2016- the year of restoration!- and so excited for future ministry!




Tim's beautiful proposal overlooking the Susquehanna River at sunset!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful testimony Abbi, looking forward to more of what the lord will do in and through you both, sending love and blessings proud of you both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hearts and know that God will use your desires for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These times are so beautiful. Store it up in your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I stumbled upon your blog (thru IG/FB) and was kinda of blown away with your passion for human trafficking. Human trafficking is something I have been so passionate about and I recently started a business selling fair trade coffee to raise money and awareness for human trafficking, Gypsy Coffee Co. Reading through your blog posts has been super encouraging to me to keep fighting for those trapped in darkness and not to give up on the passion God has given me!

    Blessings. <3

    ReplyDelete