Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

9.12.2015

He just wants my heart.

For quite a while now I've known that I'm in a season of transition- things I was previously involved in have ended, and I sense that some details in my destiny and calling are shifting.  I don't understand what this means, and the change and uncertainty has been a bit unsettling at times.  Some days I worry that I'm losing my passion, and sometimes I'm afraid that I'm missing an opportunity.  Sometimes I feel stuck, unsure of what is next or how to move forward.

And then suddenly it hits me.
Jesus just wants my heart.
He wants to be with me in this season of transition.  It's not so much about one thing being right and best and another thing being less or wrong, it's about us walking it out together.  It's about the level of intimacy in our relationship and how deep into my heart I'm willing to let Him go.

He loves the journey.  If I misstep or trip, He loves that He can redirect me and be there to pick me up and brush me off.

He loves the learning.  If I accidentally color outside the lines, or goof something up, He loves the opportunity for me to learn deeper grace, and to see His redemption at work.

He's not interested so much in telling me exactly what to do, because I can obey without my heart being right.  He just loves that we can do life together.  He loves that we can talk together and figure things out one step at a time.  Jesus didn't go to the cross so we could be servants; He died to make us friends.

And suddenly life is less about figuring out what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to be right now, and it's more about enjoying a real and meaningful relationship with the One who loves me most and knows me best.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for these words. I have been thinking about this a lot in the last couple of days cause it's exactly where I feel I'm at as well. Thanks for sharing your struggle with me and being an encouragement. Destinee

    ReplyDelete