Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

7.15.2015

More resting.

I haven't blogged for quite awhile.  To be honest, I haven't felt like I've had much to say.

I'm still in a season of resting; taking time to take care of myself, prioritizing time with the Lord, simply being- without the pressures and obligations of ministry.  

Just a month ago I was viewing this resting season as a burden; something to endure so I could quickly move on to more ministry.  But Jesus sweetly showed me that this time is a gift.  It's a time I can focus on my relationship with Him and just bask in hours of worship.  I'm realizing in new ways how personally He cares for my every concern, even the silly stuff.  I'm free from the schedule of a full-time job and I have time to deeply connect with and pursue the relationships that are most important to me.  I'm able to learn and read, try out new crafts, and celebrate the things that make me come alive.  

And as always, there are new lessons about identity.  People ask me what's next, where I will travel, what I will do.  Honestly I have no idea, but it's okay.  Because I'm defined first and foremost not by what I do for the Kingdom, but for who I am to the King.  And He thinks I'm pretty great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment