Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

3.31.2015

Friend.

I love that Jesus doesn't need me. 
I love that He is fully God, and is therefore fully capable to save the world without my help. 
I love that He knows my weakness, my humanity, and He tells me just to rest. 

I am enjoying being back in the beautiful city of Amsterdam!  I still feel a bit weary after a long, difficult season of ministry last year.  And some moments I wonder why God led me here while I am still recovering.

A few days ago I was hanging out with Jesus in the prayer tower (a small room overlooking the city) and reading through a journal of prophetic words people have received for Amsterdam.  And in the middle of the journal, someone had written a letter from God that spoke directly to me: 

"To the one I trust well, My Beloved One;
I am the One who has put you here.  I AM!   Who are you to question me?  Who are you to think you don't have what it takes?  Don't you see?  Don't you trust Me?  
I know what I'm doing.  I'm not as concerned with your performance as you might think.  You are still my little girl.  Before everything else, you are My child.  I've never meant you to be just a servant.  You are My friend.  
Come away once again with Me.  It's what I really care about.  I am after you.  I don't quit pursuing you after you give your life to Me.  I still am after your heart.  I want it all.  It's what I dream of!  
I trust you.  Don't be afraid.  You will do greater things with Me, but just look in My eyes.  Focus on Me.  Fall in love with Me all over again.  Go back to the beginning days when it was just you and I... 
Don't forget what I have said!  Just because you don't see Me doesn't mean I have forgotten...
All my love, your King"

And as I let the truth of His words soak into my soul, I felt Him tell me to prioritize my time around Him. To spend lots and lots of time just being with Him, letting Him speak.  He tells me that the season of resting is supposed to continue even here.  No striving, no performance, because above all I am His friend.  He tells me I don't have to try to make "ministry" happen, but as I prioritize worship and intercession, it will spill out from the secret place.  Because when you're God's friend, the world sees.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that, Abby. It was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete