Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

1.30.2015

Risky faith.

I used to think I was pretty good at faith, pretty good at trusting God and being obedient to what He said.  And then He took me to this deeper level where He didn't clearly confirm everything and didn't give me step by step instructions.  Instead God would put something in front of me and just ask me to step out in faith, believing I hear His voice, believing He knew what was best and would protect me.

Being staff at the Oasis of Hope safe house last was year was one of those experiences- God lined up the opportunity, but I had to walk forward and commit- trusting it was right.  And it was.  Almost immediately after I moved into the home, I knew it was exactly where I was supposed to be.

Then just a few months ago as my term at Oasis of Hope was winding down and I was praying about my next step, I received an email inviting me to go to Amsterdam, the Netherlands for two months to help staff a YWAM school for people called into anti-sex-trafficking ministry.  No clear answer from God, other than peace and an open door, so I said yes.  And then the confirmation came- in the form of $500 in my PayPal account with no record of how it got there!  (I'm planning to be in Amsterdam from March to May.)

And then out of nowhere a strong man with fiery red hair stepped into my life, interested in pursuing a relationship.  I freaked out (since we're being honest) and prayed and prayed for a clear sign from God that this was from Him and the timing was right.  Nothing.  Just peace and Him telling me over and over again that I can trust Him and I need to step out in faith.  Even when my logical mind can't process it and I don't know what it will look like.  So I'm dating!  And it's been so good so far, and already God is teaching me so much...

Faith is risk, but I believe it's a risk that God loves and honors and longs for!  And I’d rather be risky and sometimes fall than never step out at all.  Besides, if everything makes sense and life is easy and travelling expenses are always covered- well, that's not faith at all!  So here's to being risky and responding when God speaks, even when I can't see the outcome. It's exciting and fun!  You should join me.  

2 comments:

  1. here's to living in God's romance. :) So glad He's pursuing you that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. Thank you for your honesty with the easy and hard things. It is quite refreshing. Walk by faith not by sight! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete