Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

10.21.2014

Something New.

The past few weeks and months I've been earnestly asking God to confirm if my time here at the Oasis of Hope safe house is winding down or if He wants me to stay longer.  I had committed for one year, which ends the beginning of December.  My heart was full of so many mixed emotions- ready to be done and move onto other things and other places, but at the same time I couldn't imagine saying goodbye to the girls I've been working with for months now.  

Last week God confirmed that in December it will be time for me to move on from here.  Not sure what all will be next, but He's opened a few doors and I'm excited!  He keeps speaking Isaiah 43:19 over me: "Look, I am about to do something new. Now it begins to happen!  Do you not recognize it? Yes, I will make a road in the desert and paths in the wilderness..."  And again He spoke over me that this season- so hard at times- was one of preparation for the future.  The triumphs and joys, the heartache and struggle, was all part of this learning process He set up to prepare my heart and spirit for future ministry.  

And as soon as sweet Jesus gave me His answer, He also filled me with incredible peace.  Before, leaving the girls felt like it would crush me.  Now I am filled with complete trust that the God who saw them on their darkest nights working city streets and pursued them even when they hated Him, is the same One pursuing them now.  And He won't let them get away.  Even if they make poor life choices.  Even if they turn back to their old lifestyles.  I always knew this, but now my heart fully believes it too.  These girls aren't mine; they never were.  They're His and He's jealous for them.  

"Trust Me" He whispers to my soul.  "If I told you you're going to one day be in ministry with her, you will.  You don't have to make it happen, I'll do that."

"Don't worry, baby, I'm choosing the new staff members and I'll make sure they will disciple the girls well."

"You will see the girls succeed.  I AM on their side."


Yes and amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! This was inspiring and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete