Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

10.01.2014

Healing in the Hospital

Sitting outside on this beautiful fall afternoon, the mountain leaves bursting in red and orange, pondering the goodness of God... My heart is content.

A week and a half ago my coworkers and I road tripped to Lancaster with the girls to visit my mother who was in the hospital with blood clots.  We had a glorious time in that small hospital room- several hours of talking, praying over each other, Mom leading one of the girls through deliverance of issues she's been oppressed by for years.  So much healing and unity, even in the midst of sickness and pain.  Prophecy that these girls are world-changers: that one is called to be a Heidi Baker, a mother to many; and the other called to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the dark streets she came from.  One of the girls later said "There was just so much Jesus in that room!"

We all laid hands on one of these precious girls and commanded the disease she's been diagnosed with from infected needles to leave her body in Jesus' name.  Her arms got tingly where she used to shoot up, and she believes Jesus gave her new blood!  She is 100% convinced she is healed, and we are standing with her in faith, believing fully and declaring that that disease is gone from her body!  And the best part?  She's just so happy to have a testimony.

And then watching these same girls lay hands on my mom's leg and command all swelling to go down, all pain to get out, and all blood clots to be dissolved- oh, their childlike faith.  No religion, no striving, just them and Jesus and faith.

Still not sure what God is up to with my mom's health but I know there's a purpose and I know He's gonna get glory.

And just now, the girl that hasn't opened up about her story even after months in the home, handing me a typed paper labeled "My Testimony", and I read it with reverence because I am so honored.  God is moving.  Even on the days I can't feel it, even on the days where I have no idea what He's teaching me or if I'm even representing Him well, and the days I'm just so tired of fighting for breakthrough.

He's in this place and He's in these girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment