Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

8.07.2014

Destiny.

This morning I said goodbye to Destiny* and prayed over her one last time.

Destiny was the first girl in the home with me and she will always hold a special place in my heart.  Eight months living together and it wasn't always pretty.  She cursed me out quite a few times and I got angry and frustrated more times than I can count.  But through her God taught me about grace and loving relentlessly, especially when that love is not expected, earned, or appreciated.

I feel strangely at peace. No, Destiny isn't at the place I wish she would be after eight months here.  But God has encountered her multiple times and now He's letting her choose how she will respond to Him.  I believe with everything in me that at some point in her life, Destiny will decide once and for all that she is fully surrendered and committed to Jesus.  It might take a few more bumps in the road, but in the end she will choose Him.  And God is continually showing that what I'm doing here- all this time and energy and love- is simply giving these girls an opportunity to turn to God.  Whether or not they do, whether or not they are fully healed and restored, that's between each girl and God.  But I am giving them an opportunity.

Destiny was asked this morning what the main lesson was that she learned this year.  Her response?
"...That God actually does love me.  He doesn't hate me like I thought my whole life.  He really does love me."

That's a win in my book.


*not her real name

No comments:

Post a Comment