Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

5.07.2014

Holy Ghost party!

Jesus has been teaching me more and more about rest.  A lesson I thought I learned awhile ago, but goodness, it's so easy to start striving again, to start trying to make things happen on my own.  But He constantly whispers to my soul to rest, to worship, to spend time with Him, to let Him change the girls' hearts and meet them right where they are.  And it's been beautiful.

We started having worship time every morning where we go up to the little church behind our house, turn the lights off and the worship music on loud, and just let God show up.  It's been powerful!

There have been hard days where I start striving and trying...but when I again release control, Jesus initiates deep conversations and opportunities for my coworkers and I to speak life and hope into the girls.  Just yesterday our newest girl accepted Jesus!  She had been tormented by various demonic activity and wanted to be free.  As she prayed, she saw a bright flash of light and physically felt the love of God for the first time!  My coworker Lillian had the privilege to pray with her, and they both got so drunk by the presence of Jesus and laughed and danced for an hour.  She is a different girl-- so free and full of joy!  I love how fun God is!

Lillian praying with her!

It's crazy how the atmosphere in the home has changed-- so much joy and dancing; worship music playing throughout the day.  (And let's be honest, worship music is a nice change from loud rap all the time.) So, so thankful today for a Savior who pursues us with endless patience and will forever fight for us-- even as we try to run away.  He's beautiful!  I'm excited for some of the other girls to have fresh encounters with God as He takes them deeper and deeper.  Thanks for your prayers; these girls are so dear to God's heart!

My lovely coworkers- our happy faces

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is YAY~~~~~~ Love this Abi you have such a way with words that brings us right there with you..all of you have been so amazing.. keep on doing exactly what you are doing.. love you all.. Jesus is smiling and laughing and dancing right there with you... the JOY of the LORD is our STRENGTH!!!!

    ReplyDelete