Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

4.23.2014

Resurrected Hope.

The reality of Jesus' resurrection is hitting me, and even more, the fact that that same power is in me.  Man, it blows my mind!  And I press on, press in, because I want the life Jesus died to give me.  I want the life that will obey and obey and obey until I do see literal, physical-and spiritual- healings and resurrections!

I'm thankful that I was able to be home for Easter, and so touched by God at church on Sunday.  Jake Kail preached on the "Resurrection of Hope"-- how hope is a prerequisite to faith, and if our hope has died, we can't walk in faith.  How when Jesus arose, He brought hope to life!  And the Lord began revealing to me how I have gradually, subtly forgotten the dreams He has put on my heart and the words He has spoken over me-- that He wants to end the global sex trade in my lifetime!; that He will begin encountering the people involved- the women and girls, the traffickers, the johns; wounded lives being instantly healed and delivered; entire cities and nations set free from the strongholds allowing prostitution and trafficking.  

I had begun letting go of these beautiful promises, because I haven't been seeing it in the girls' lives here at the safe home.  Yes, there is progress, but it's mostly small steps.  And then there are days that are so hard and things look like they will never change.  But sweet Jesus... He tells me again to hold onto His words above my own experiences.  I ask Him for renewed vision, for a resurrected hope for the sex trade, for an increase of faith.  Because after all, faith is believing what you don't see.

And He's doing it... No matter what, and even on the hard days, I choose to believe that satan will not win this battle.  I believe that Jesus will break in and tear down the sex trade-- it's His heart!  I believe for freedom and breakthrough and healing for every single girl that walks into our home.  I believe that this is my life calling, He will sustain me, and I will see glorious miracles in red light districts all around the world.  Red light districts that will be no more.  


I came back to the mountains, and my very first night in the home was frustrating and hard and I felt no love in my heart... I choose to believe.

The next morning during our worship time, praise shifted the atmosphere, and I got to dance with my coworkers and one of the girls.  Another breakthrough, as this girl danced in front of her peers, stomping on the fear of man.

 I choose to believe.

one of our favorite dancing songs

2 comments:

  1. amen & amen is ringing through me ears. I love the last paragraph...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory Halleluah! That is our God, doing miracles every day. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete