Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

6.13.2012

Surrender.

Surrender?  Yup, I'm surrendered.  Whatever God wants for my life.

And then God asks me to surrender my vision.  The Vision that He has given me.  My Vision.  What I want more than anything else in the world... to rescue girls forced into prostitution and help them find healing in Jesus. 

-But God, this is from You!
-I know, Child, but I'm asking you to hold the Vision with open hands.
-But God, what if You don't give it back to me?!
-Do you trust Me?

And then God shows me that He is Trustworthy.  Like Narnia's Aslan- He's not safe, but He is Good.   He knows me more than I know me, and He knows what will bring Him the most glory.  And I can trust Him. 

Oh good.  I've learned surrender.

And then God asks me to surrender my reputation.  My friends, what other people think of me, my security.

-Uh, God?  Didn't I just learn surrender?
-Can you give Me your reputation?
-What if You ask me to do something crazy?  What if I'm misunderstood?
-Do you trust Me, Child?

And then God surrounds me with His Names:
ISHI- My Maker is my Husband.
Redeemer.
The Great High Priest.
Jehovah Jireh, my Provider.
Sustainer.

And as I tattoo them onto my journal, I realize that yes, I can trust Him with my reputation.  Even if He asks me to be a fool for His sake, even if everyone else walks away...  because He is more than enough.  Thank You, Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Abigail Weaver you amaze me. You challenge me.
    I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by you as well! You make me want press into God even further. Praying for you. Your Open Arms family loves you Miss Abby:)

    ReplyDelete