Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

11.24.2011

Journal Excerpt.


24. Thanksgiving Day.

I'm thankful for my family- parents who provide for me, who go above and beyond.  Siblings who (beneath all the drama, arguing, and silliness) really do love me.
I'm thankful for a precious group of close friends.  Thankful Kris is pursuing us, being a living example of Godly femininity.  Thankful especially for my heart-friend Claude.  And how she simultaneously encourages, inspires, and challenges me.
I'm thankful I have a car, thankful it's paid off.  Thankful it's mine, even if the button to put down the window sticks almost every time I pull into the parking garage.
I'm thankful for a job that includes giggling, adorable, kissy kids.  A job that makes me happy (well, except maybe on full moon).
I'm thankful for the beautiful, fluffy-haired children in Jamaica who taught me how to love and showed me the definition of the "least of these".
I'm thankful for a 4-day weekend.  Thankful for sleep.
I'm thankful for the Luis', Anayah's, and Victor's that make up Life Club, and thankful I have a small window of opportunity in Lancaster City.
I'm thankful that IGo's on the (tentative) calendar for next year, thankful for the money God will provide to make it possible.
Most of all, I'm thankful that I have a Father who loves me despite myself; a Father that is also a Redeemer.

Butterfly swinging with Inez
Soli Deo Gloria.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that God still makes inspiring young people like you!! :) Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for carpooling with you. And honored to call you friend. <3

    ReplyDelete