Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

12.08.2013

Tomorrow.

Here I sit in an empty house freshly decorated for Christmas.  All we need yet is a tree, which we will hopefully pick out and chop at soon.  There's even two light-up reindeer on the porch.  I have coffee in a candy cane mug and Bethel Worship playing on my Pandora station.
It's not really a typical house though- it's a safe home for victims of domestic minor sex trafficking, and I am settled in as live-in staff.

I may or may not have accidentally knocked over the big one as soon as this picture was taken.

Tomorrow, in just a few hours really, the first girl will come walking through these doors.  I hope she feels welcome.  I hope she feels the love and presence of Jesus so strongly as soon as she steps inside. I hope she feels Love.  Love makes His home in me and in the rest of the staff, so I think she'll feel Him.


I'm nervous.
I'm not qualified for this.
Sure, I've hung out in red light districts, but I've never lived with, discipled, or been involved so closely in a story like this.


But He says I'm qualified because He is in me= He is my qualification!
He says I'm ready.
He says He loves me and He'll patch up my mistakes.
He says He has anointed me and called me for such a time as this.
He says He is both in front of me and my rear guard.
He says His angel armies are ready to be dispatched at any moment.
He says His favor is on me and He will prosper everything I touch.
He says I am beautiful and He is proud.

Yes and amen.

Pray for us?

2 comments: