Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

5.15.2013

'This is so me.'


(A bit of my spontaneous journaling in the middle of a class on aftercare by Kezia Hatfield, the Director of Restoration for Exodus Cry- a mission birthed out of the International House of Prayer in Kansas City.)

"This is so me... this is my calling.
To walk with these women and girls- boys, even; to be a witness of the Holy Spirit, a presence of Jesus.  To show that He was there, that He saw, that He cared.
And still cares.

A friend.
An intercessor.
A cheerleader.

To see these beautiful women become not just healed, but whole

To guide them as they learn and accept the love of Jesus; as they learn to walk in the Spirit- to prophesy, to speak life, to show mercy, to serve, to testify out of their healing.
As they dance, and worship, and praise.
As they create.
As they reach others; share Jesus.

I want to watch these women become not just survivors, but forerunners, revivalists, intercessors, missionaries, leaders in the church.
World-changers.

To stand beside them and watch as Jesus empowers them to speak out their stories. 
'The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.' (Rev. 19:10)"



Why?  Because I know Jesus' heart for redemption.  
And with everything in me, I believe that He can turn what the enemy meant for the worst evil into stunning, glorious beauty- using these women to literally usher in His Kingdom here on the earth.

2 comments:

  1. Abigail, I just found your blog yesterday, and wow how I am blown away. Your work with those girls is remarkable. I am going to begin praying for you, that God would move mighty mountains. I do tons of work in Asia, particularly the Philippines, and can't totally relate to your and your desire to reach the lost. I love love love when you said, "I want to watch these women become not just survivors, but forerunners, revivalists, intercessors, missionaries, leaders in the church.
    World-changers." Chill bumps. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this SO MUCH.
    Wow.

    ReplyDelete