Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

2.13.2013

in love.

Something changes when you spend time in the Presence of a Holy God.

(How's that for an understatement?)

I had the incredible priviledge of spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC with a group of passionate, radical Jesus-seekers.  And as I learned- again- to just sit and enjoy the Presence of Jesus- laying aside my desires for clear direction, pushing away my requests and worries, choosing to focus solely on Him- something shifted in my spirit.

Instead of choosing to spend time with Him, I just wanted to.  All the time.  Instead of bringing my own thoughts, I just listened and let Him speak to me.  I closed my Bible and waited for His now-voice.  I felt His love, I felt Him singing and twirling over me.  I learned to shut my mouth- and wait for His words before I spoke.  I laughed and I danced, because I couldn't hold still and I couldn't wipe the sloppy grin off my face.  Suddenly all that matters is being with my Jesus.

And it's beautiful. 

I don't know when, I don't know how...but I'm changed.  I have been in the Presence of the Lord who commands angels.  I have spoken to, dined with, and fellowshipped with my Creator- experiencing greater joy and deeper freedom.  I have been released as a dancer, commissioned as a warrior, and called out as a rescuer of the defenseless.

I have glimpsed Him and I am deeply, wildly in love.  There's no turning back. 
I'm all in.


 
"Lord of the Dance"-- This video is definately worth your time!
Let Him captivate your heart.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love you Abby dearest!! God has got such An amazingly incredible mission for you, And I am over here on The sidelines bouncing up An down on my tip toes In anticipation to see what it is!!! Its gonna be big, honey, its gonna be big!!! :) But whats so exciting for me is knowing you are so sold out ,all In ,hook line An sinker for our Abba, And He justs gets this big smile when He sees His children begging for The anointing!! He absolutely loves it!! You go, God girl!!! I love you sista!!;)

    ReplyDelete