Barefoot Missionary

Barefoot Missionary

12.24.2010

O Holy Night

//Truly He taught us to love one another, His law is love and His Gospel is peace.  Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother, and in His name, all oppression shall cease.//

It sure feels different to be spending Christmas in warm weather.  I miss all the happy lights and candy canes and I haven't heard or sang as many Christmas songs this year.  (I also miss those handy-dandy little Christmas carol songbooks we had at church.) 
But Christmas does take on a new meaning here... Last night we went caroling at the St. James Infirmary (a nursing home) and then stopped in at Blossom Gardens and hung out with the kids before they went to bed.  The infirmary was really a good experience...the elderly people loved the Christmas songs and didn't want us to leave.  And Blossom.  My heart practically lives at Blossom.  And somehow I think that if Jesus had been born in this century, angels would have invited these dear children to come see the Baby.  




Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. ...and a merry christmas to you! *hugs!* give your mom one from me! :)

    ReplyDelete